11 Years Later...
So today marks the 11th anniversary of our first date! We were (strictly colleagues) working together at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Fotis told me he was going on vacation to spend time with his family and friends in Greece. I was kind of nervous that maybe he had an old flame (or GASP! FLAMES!) back in Nafpaktos, so I called him the night before he left and wished him a fun and safe trip. He said he would call me when he got back and we could get coffee and he would tell me about his trip. 3 weeks later when he returned, he called and asked me to dinner. I accepted and we agreed to meet at a great little place in Shadyside called 'The Balcony.' (Sadly, it has since been replaced with a Pottery Barn. Damn commercialization.) I was a little early and when I arrived, I saw that not only was he there before me, but he had a gift for me! We had a great meal and conversation and I thought to myself, "This guy is too good to be true!" Well, 11 years later (almost seven of marriage), a kid, a house, a cat and a million great times together- I still have to pinch myself sometimes! Labels: foti

2 Comments:
You are both very Lucky to have found each other....do not EVER take each other for granted...always respect each other and laugh together...alot...
Love, Maria
Happy Dateversary!!!
He is a doll, that one!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home