Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Two Year Update

Matt had his 2 year check up and passed with flying colors! He is right on track with where he should be developmentally (plus he's extraordinarily cute!) He's 36 inches (75th percentile) and 28 pounds (50th percentile). Long and muscular our little man is! He's talking so much, more English than Greek, but he is learning both. A few things he's doing:



-Counting in both languages (although the numbers are never in order- "1,2,5,8- YAY!")

-Sitting and pretending he is reading a book by jibber jabbering

-Drinking out of a big boy cup without spilling (most of the time)

-Using 3 or 4 words together ("Daddy is in kitchen", "Mommy, I got you!", "Matt sleep in bed"

-Using his big boy potty three or four times a day, mostly number one, but every once in a while he does number 2

-Learning his colors

-Awesome coordination with throwing, kicking, jumping, swinging- anything active, preferably with a ball



Some of the funny words he uses:



Nilk=Milk

Nakes= Snake

Apow!= S'agapow ('I love you' in Greek)

Tars= Cars (his fave movie)

Matt-Afayos= Matthaios (Sorry we gave you that long name, dude)

Mo-Mu= Nemo (from his second fave movie)

Bah-et-ball=Basketball

Bite-a-meen= Vitamin



Oh, and he knows that Foti and I have names other than Mommy and Daddy (Thanks Grammy Paula!) All week, he has been calling me Mommy Jessi- too cute!







Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:17 AM , Blogger Kami said...

I can't believe how big that boy is.

 
At 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a personality he seems to have! I cannot wait to see him at the reunion...we will have so much fun!

Love,
Maria

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home