Annual Holiday Clothing Drive

A few years ago, I began volunteering at a local shelter for people who are temporarily homeless. These men, women, and children became homeless due to the loss of a job, condemnation of their home, or various other reasons. I worked in the kitchen preparing, cooking, and serving food to these grateful people. I wanted to find other ways to help them, so I began collecting items around my house that were in good shape, but that we weren't using anymore. About 4 times a year, Foti and I drive downtown and unload all kinds of goodies- clothing, household items, and canned goods. Two years ago, I organized a clothing drive at work with great success to benefit this shelter (I missed last year due to Matt's impending birth). I would like to do it again this year and need your help! If you live near us, please gather up any clothes you aren't wearing (and those clothes that you aren't ever going to fit into again) and drop them off at our house by December 17. Foti and I will make sure everything is delivered to them before the holidays begin. If you live too far from us, maybe you could do your own collection to benefit a shelter in your area. We are all so fortunate and blessed- let's try to make someone else's Christmas season a little brighter.

2 Comments:
Great project, girly!
:)
Jessica, waht a sweet,thoughtful and wonderful project! Iwish I was close to give you all our old clothing! We did just donate 15 bags last month! (made me feel like I did a good deed!)
I am proud of you!
hugs
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home