Happy Name Day To ME!

"Matthaios the Greek wonder child here. Reporting to you live from my crib. I'm here hanging out with my friends. Yesterday we celebrated my first official 'name day'. In Greece, birthdays aren't celebrated as much as name days. Everyone celebrates the "Name Day" of the saint that bears the same name. St. Matthaios' (Matthew) day is on November 16th. My Yia Yia called me to wish me a happy name day or as she says, "Chronya Pola" which means "Many Years." You have to admit I'm a pretty smart baby to know all this cool stuff about my culture. Well, Mom and Dad help me out a little bit. Anyway, I had an awesome day yesterday. Don't I look like I'm having a great time?"

2 Comments:
MATTY! WHere are you? I can't see you!!
And Happy Name Day, baby!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home