Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Doctor Visit

Yesterday I had my 37 week check up with Dr. Silvers. He said the baby has not yet descended into my pelvis and is in a seated, head up position. As you can imagine, this is not a position condusive to normal birthing! What's going on, Matty?!? He also said that my amniotic fluid is lower than the week before which would make it a little more difficult for the Baby to flip on his own and also more diffiuclt for Dr. Silvers to attempt an external flipping technique. So, I go back next week for another check up and if he is still being stubborn (he's half Mazzarese, you know), we might have to consider a C-Section- which I am a bit bummed out about. But Fotis and I are trying to be optimistic and hoping he'll assume the position!

13 Comments:

At 12:27 AM , Blogger Kami said...

Oh, he is SO grounded.

There is still time. Little bugger.

 
At 2:29 AM , Blogger pack of 2 said...

Good luck with that. I hope t all works out.

Shangie

 
At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some positions you can try to help persuade him to move. Not sure if they were the saving grace but I did it with mine and she was born head down. Poke around online about moving breech babies. Best of Luck to you!!

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kami sent me!!

Babies (fetuses?) are amazing little beings, here's to hoping he surprises you with a flip soon!

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I hope he makes the transition also. I was very against a c-section and thankfully did not have to have one. Sending you good vibes....

 
At 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is some time. He's just being stubborn. Already acting up at the doctor's office. Get used to it!! :)

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Little stinker! They have minds of there own.

Come on, turn baby turn!!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Hang in there Jessica.
We are sending big fabulous bloggin wishes your way!

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I am here from Dallas K's . . .

I hope all goes well. Two of my close friends both had C-Sections, one planned b/c of breach and that went great. Even breastfeeding wasn't an issue afterwards. Good luck!

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Found you via Kami.

First off, congrats on the baby!!! Secondly, he'll flip down when he's ready. :)

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger The Egel Nest said...

Six (Kami) sent me for some good vibes :)

We are at week 13 1/2...I cannot imagine week 37!

Good vibes from the Nest to you!

:)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Sending good flipping vibes your way, Jessica!

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger The Phenomenal Woman said...

I hope the baby flips for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home